Plater Bio manufactures novel biostimulants and micronutrients for the agriculture and horticulture industries. All our products are manufactured exclusively on-site in Glossop, North Derbyshire.
We export globally and our range of products include calcium products ideal for field, vegetation and orchard crops as well as products designed for areas of cultivation where zinc deficiencies are an issue. These include acid chelates of zinc (Zn), iron (Fe) and calcium (Ca) plus seaweed extracts. We love thinking outside the box and have the drive and determination to succeed. We welcome projects to develop new applications for our unique manufacturing system which extracts seaweed without the use of synthetic chemicals, heat or pressure.
We have exclusive access to a rich source of Ascophyllum nodosum (knotted wrack); the optimum species of seaweed for use in biofertiliser.
Our expertise includes:
- Extraction and refinement of bioactive ingredients from plants and algae (seaweeds) and fungi;
- Chelation of micronutrients with organic acids;
- Contract manufacturing of fertilizer raw materials;
- Global and regional regulatory issues; and
- Analysis of fertilizer and cytokinin biostimulant composition/activity. This can include elemental composition, heavy metal analysis, bioassays, compatibility testing with other agrochemicals.
Plater Bio Product Portfolio
|Cold-pressed seaweed extract|
|Stubble digester / Thatch degrader|
Novel Liquid Fertilizers
|PB-1 UV Absorber|
|Custom NPK and micronutrient fertilizer blends|
|Gold Leaf - Hydroponic fertilizer |
|Liquid gypsum |
|Silver moss and liverwort control|
Chelates (Citrate-chelated micronutrients)
|Zinc ammonium citrate (ZAC)|
|Ferric ammonium citrate (FAC)|
Whilst we do not manufacture branded products, we are actively looking for strategic partners to grow our distribution network globally.