Living history at Glossop
Plater Group's Glossop site has had a long and varied history. The buildings were originally constructed in 1902, by the Urban Electricity Supply Company, to provide power for the new Glossop Tramways. The first tram ran in August 1903 and the last on 24th December 1927.
Although the plot has been developed over the last 90 years, some of the original rails can be seen around the site. The engine sheds pictured are still standing and now form part of Plater Production' spray drying manufacturing facility!
Photos courtesy of Glossop Heritage Trust