Sodium Nitrate is an odourless crystalline compound with a colourless appearance. At room temperature Sodium Nitrate appears as a solid white substance that easily dissolves in water. Sodium Nitrate belongs to the class of chemicals recognized as salts.
We offer Sodium Nitrate with or without an anti-caking agent, and also in liquid form to a variety of strengths.
Sodium Nitrate is commonly used:-
- in the food industry as a preservative
- in the fertiliser industry as a source of nitrogen
- as a pesticide
- in waste water treatment to aid the growth of useful bacteria
- within glass production to produce chemically strengthened glass which is more resistant to scratching and has improved strength
- in the pharmaceutical industry
- as pH regulators and water treatment products
- in metal surface treatment products
- in heat transfer fluids
- in adhesives and sealants
- in anti-freeze products
- in explosives
- in hydraulic fluids