Small Scale Spray Drying
Plater Group has two Spray Dryer Pilot Plants and one small scale production plant that allow our customers to test the individual and unique properties of each product being processed on a manageable scale, prior to moving to our full-scale production facilities.
Pilot Plant Spray Dryers
Plater Pilot Plant Spray Dryer provides:
- The collection of extensive scientific data regarding the drying process
- Production of the first samples of actual dried products
- Collection of valuable information before scaling up production with a full-scale Spray Dryer and associated costs
- Increased confidence in the process, leading to assurance about potential returns on any investment being made at the customers’ premises
Plater Pilot Plant Spray Dryer Equipment and Services
- Test facilities located in UK
- Ability to process materials in small scale prior to any move to full-scale plant and large scale processing
- Capability to run small batches on a repeat basis with no requirement for scale up if not required by the customer
- Creation of sample powders, liquids and products for further evaluation by the customer or their onward customers
- Experience in the development of new biological and horticultural products by providing tailor made low volume spray drying services
- Supply of repeatable methodology for future spray drying
- In house laboratory facility for testing powders for a comprehensive range of physical and chemical variables
The creation of a fully soluble spray-dried extract powder is useful to:
- Prolong shelf life
- Reduce/remove the need for preservatives. This is especially important for organic certification.
- Reduce transport costs
- Expand your formulation options. E.g. Powder blending, or increasing the concentration of a liquid concentrate.
Plater Production have a long history of successfully spray drying seaweed extracts to produce stable, fully soluble, free-flowing powders. This includes extracts produced by alkaline hydrolysis, heat extraction, and cold-pressing. Each extraction process creates a liquid with a unique set of challenges for spray drying, and we have built up a set of protocols that can be used as a starting point for similar products.
For more information please contact us.